· Creates and implements personal business plans including team goals as well as individual goals for sales reps to ensure quotas are met.
· Manages and guides direct sales activities of the sales representatives. Directs their activities related to their respective group of assigned accounts, focusing upon retention (through securing long-term contracts), profitable growth of existing revenue streams and creating new revenue sources through securing new accounts. Monitors performance through consistent joint sales calls with reps
· Ensures reps are completing daily and weekly tasks to fulfill their "Personal Business Plan" and achieve quota. (if needed takes take disciplinary action)
· Drives reps to consistently achieve above-quota performance
· Develops recommendations on growth opportunities for key target accounts by conducting strategic planning activities to ensure reps are meeting customers' product and service needs
· Recruits and hire the sales reps with the desired knowledge, skills and abilities
· Provides reps with professional and technical advice on business applications to ensure they are equipped to provide customer satisfaction by fulfilling customer needs
· Trains or provide training to reps on company's entire converged product portfolio
· Establishes and maintains contact and rapport with employees, customers and prospective customers
· Strong written, communication and presentation skills are required to compose proposals, routine letters, and present proposals and maintain influential relationships at all levels within the organization.
· Thorough knowledge of telecommunication products and services is required as well as innovative problem solving skills to influence the sale and diffuse potential customer problems.
· College degree or equivalent and 8+ years professional experience; or 12+ years professional level equivalent related experience; or a combination of education and related professional level experience required.